Parental Rights Upheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Cherokee

Is this ruling valid to my case against Texas DFS?
( please refer to my post 'Can The State Over ride Parents Invocation To Waive Immunizations for Child?

" The Arizona State Court of Appeals has slapped down efforts by Child Protective Services to have a youngster in foster care immunized over a parent's objections.
In a divided ruling, the majority said that while the state has legal custody, the parent — who presumably would get the child back someday — has certain "residual rights" the state must honor when possible. Judge Peter Eckerstrom said there has to be a compelling need to overrule a parent.

Judge Philip Espinosa, in his dissent, said his colleagues were ignoring one very obvious fact: A court gave temporary custody to CPS after concluding that the parent, identified only as Diana H., was unable or unwilling to provide the necessary care and control of her daughter Cheyenne.
"The state thus has every reason to question Diana's ability to make the best decisions for Cheyenne's care and no reason to presume that she would necessarily act in accordance with Cheyenne's best interests," Espinosa wrote.

The ruling could have implications beyond immunizations in cases where children are placed in foster care.

"First, "Eckerstrom said, 'the state would run afoul of both the state and federal constitutions if it tried to impose values on a child that differed from those chosen by a parent.

Potentially more sweeping, the judge said '
'the laws that allow the state to take temporary custody of a child specifically spell out what powers and responsibilities that includes. These range from the right of physical custody and the right to discipline the child to the requirement to provide adequate food, clothing, shelter and medical care. Eckerstrom said anything not on that list remains the right of the biological parent.

*(The mother(Diana) was against immunizations because of religious beliefs).

Judge Eckerstrom acknowledged that the primary focus in these kinds of cases "has to be the best interests of the child". But he said
"the law also says those best interests are served by the presumptive goal of reuniting the child with the parent. And that means whenever possible having the parent involved in the child's upbringing".

In this case, the judge noted that a doctor testified that a child Cheyenne's age would normally have had 15 immunizations. But the doctor said none of the diseases pose a life-threatening risk to the child. Eckerstrom said"
" the state's desire to immunize might be different if there were something showing the child was particularly susceptible to one of the diseases. But there was no such evidence here.

And Eckerstrom said the public policy of the state is embodied in the fact the Legislature specifically gives parents in Arizona the right to exempt their children from immunization on religious grounds, "a decision we have no authority to second- guess."

Espinosa, however, said once a judge gave the state legal custody of Cheyenne, even temporarily, it had the obligation to provide comprehensive medical care and determine what care is in the child's best interests. He said the decision of his colleagues creates unforeseen problems.

"Under the majority's approach, if a parent raises a religious objection to a dependent child's receiving medical care, the welfare of the child ceases to be the governing standard for the juvenile court," Espinosa wrote. "This result is not only inconsistent with legislative intent but offends the state's public policy of protecting and providing for its most helpless citizens — dependent children, whose parents are unable or unwilling to do so."

COMMENT: At every turn, the State and the government is taking on a paternal role and working hard to take away the rights of parents to do what they feel is in the best interest of children. Run away vaccination demands are pressing in all around us. Everyone should in Arizona should thank and commend these judges for upholding the last threads of parental rights.

any insight, resources you can add or direct me to that would be pertinent to my case would be most appreciated.
Thank You. Sincerely, Miss Cherokee.

If you don't want your child to have shots, there is an easy solution.

You can tell the school that you oppose the shots on religious grounds.

You don't have to disclose what relgion, if they ask.

You can simply assert an objection to the shots on religious grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well the troll bit was interesting. The reason I choose not to vaccinate? Because it is an option I can choose. I have that right to exemption from " seemingly government forced medical procedures"
Do you know what your civil rights are? As an American, it would behoove you to know. It is in your best interest to know what can or cannot be forced upon you by the State. Good Luck.

I already have a valid legal immunization waiver form on file in my child's school medical records. I have invoked my right and have done so through the proper channels and procedures. Thank You.

well the troll bit was interesting. The reason I choose not to vaccinate? Because it is an option I can choose. I have that right to exemption from " seemingly government forced medical procedures"
Do you know what your civil rights are? As an American, it would behoove you to know. It is in your best interest to know what can or cannot be forced upon you by the State. Good Luck.

I'm not an American. I'm a legal resident of this country.

I know my rights, and those of citizens.

I've also watched a kid die from measles, but hey. That's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back