Pardon Pennsylvania

khaleesi13

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hi. I am writing because I have some questions regarding applying for a pardon in the state of Pennsylvania. I was convicted of two DUIs that occured 2 months apart in 2016. I was 19 years old at the time and made some terrible decisions. Both of these offense were for marijuana. I was sentenced to 6 months of probation for the 1st offense. I was sentenced to 6 months house arrest and 5 year probation for the 2nd offense. My case has been closed as of April 2019 due to good behavior. I have made great strides to turn my life around since then. I have not gotten in any trouble since these events occurred. I am now 23 years old. I completed my bachelor's degree in May 2018. I am currently completing my master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology. I intend to graduate this program in 2020. Despite my past I have been able to do very well academically earning the respect of my professors. However, I am concerned that these events will prevent me from exceling to my highest potential in my career path. I know that the only way to get these expunged from my record is to apply for a pardon. I can see this can be a very complicated and long process. My questions are: 1.) Do I even have a chance at getting pardon to put the time and effort into this process? 2.) I see I do not need a lawyer in order to do this but does having one help my chances? 3.) Are there lawyers out there that are actually affordable? As a student I have a very limited income as it is. I do not want to ask my family for assistance in this matter, I want to do this on my own. I have caused so much stress due to this happening I can not put them through anymore stress or financial burden. Thank you!

Pardons in each state are doled out SPARINGLY by the governor.

Pardons usually, if received, are given after 30-40 years of EXEMPLARY behavior and a lifetime of achievement.

You can discover more about PA pardons on the governor's website or on the website of the state agency assisting the governor with pardons.

Back