Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Panic Attack - Misdemeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nica

My wife was charged with a misdemeanor for shoplifting. She has two previous on her record for long time ago the last one was about 6 or 7 years ago. She has been feeling negleted from me, I have been working hard and she just started having some therapy for that... to help her get rid of that bad habit and to deal with situations. She is afraid. She has a court on april 5. Do you think that they will make her paid a fine and more therapy or she will go to jail. We are worry because of our kids(5 and 11 yrs.old), she also has panic/anxiety attacks, we can take a doctor's letter...what can we do? Do we need a lawyer? Please help our family.
Thanksarial small dk blue

A doctor's note doesn't exactly make problems like this go away although testimony from the doctor or an official diagnosis of her disorder would probably be helpful. A misdemeanor is not a major problem but you may want to consult with an attorney. You can speak to the prosecutor and see what kind of plea bargain you can strike, e.g. probation if she enters an assistance program and is clear for a period of time. You may be able to handle this yourself with the assistance of a public defender or pro bono attorney. Speaking to the ADA might be reasonable. I don't think they want to put people like your wife in jail.

Originally posted by nica
My wife was charged with a misdemeanor for shoplifting. She has two previous on her record for long time ago the last one was about 6 or 7 years ago. She has been feeling negleted from me, I have been working hard and she just started having some therapy for that... to help her get rid of that bad habit and to deal with situations. She is afraid. She has a court on april 5. Do you think that they will make her paid a fine and more therapy or she will go to jail. We are worry because of our kids(5 and 11 yrs.old), she also has panic/anxiety attacks, we can take a doctor's letter...what can we do? Do we need a lawyer? Please help our family.
Thanksarial small dk blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back