Paid in full, but services not rendered

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynsjenn

I paid a local landscaping company 50% of my bill for them to complete some work and was suppose to pay the other 50% when the work was completed.

They completed maybe 1/4 of the work and then asked for me to pay in full. Against my better judgement I paid my account in full and now the work is not completed and it appears it never will be.

About 4 days have gone by and he has not contacted me and I am unable to get him on the phone. In light of this it is apparent he has taken my money and has no intention of completing the job.

I have left messages with his daughter, because she is the only person I am able to get on the phone, letting him know that due to lack of communication and that he has not even completed half of the work and that we haven't heard from in in close to a week that I would like to simply pay him for the work that he has done & request the rest of my money back.

In addition, he has left a trailer on my property. What legal action might I be able to take to recover my money. In addition, if he never comes to recover the trailer am I able to do anything with that?

All I am really looking for is for him to give me my money back.

If the amount you have paid is under $5K you can pursue action in small claims court. As far as his trailer, advise him that you will have to dispose of it if he does not come over and picks it up from your property within a certain time limit (at your discretion). Add any costs you incurr to the suit. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back