Paid for home but ex is on deed.

S

sean71976

There is a similar question on the forum but since its in another state I would like to ask again.

I bought a home using inheritance left to me by my Grandparents.I out my girlfriend of 15 years on the deed, we considered ourselves married and had now problems. However, things have changed since we moved into the house and the love is gone. We fight constantly now. She spends a lot of time hanging out at her friends house now and I just discovered that she is smoking Marijuana with them.

I think it is time to split. Keeping in mind that she has paid nothing towards the home aside from some utilities, if I ask her to leave, what claim will she have on the home?

There is a similar question on the forum but since its in another state I would like to ask again.

I bought a home using inheritance left to me by my Grandparents.I out my girlfriend of 15 years on the deed, we considered ourselves married and had now problems. However, things have changed since we moved into the house and the love is gone. We fight constantly now. She spends a lot of time hanging out at her friends house now and I just discovered that she is smoking Marijuana with them.

I think it is time to split. Keeping in mind that she has paid nothing towards the home aside from some utilities, if I ask her to leave, what claim will she have on the home?

Oh my goodness, OP, why did you do that?

You generously gave your female friend a 50% interest in your home.

It was a gift, and I'm sure she'll sell you her half at a fair price so that she gets a little profit out of the deal.

You might want to consult an Idaho attorney for more information specific to your situation.

What I have revealed is simply the Cliff Notes version.

Back