Paid $6500 and did transmission work guy took my truck the da payment was due

Ccr620

Jurisdiction
Colorado
On 12/21/15 I signed a contract for buying a 07 powerstroke. Deal was $750 a month for 24months not a big deal. Well he said first payment would get it "road ready" how ever 2 weeks after initial payment and the contract I still did not have the truck. I ended up swapping the tranny my self normally a $1500 job and he charged me another $450 for the plates. As it is i am $1200 cash plus labor into the deal and had to get it "road ready" my self. To make things worse the guy refused copies of the recipt and wouldn't sign when I filled one out for payment of the truck for the next 6 months. On the day of the 7th month I told him I wouldn't have cash this pay period and he suggested I bring the truck back. Now I'm out $6500 dollars and he has the truck back. So basically is there anything I can do I recently found out the truck was still owed on by him through a dealer and that's why the plates and title were in his name because the dealer would not let him sign it over to me and I think That's why he refused to sign reciepts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

On 12/21/15 I signed a contract for buying a 07 powerstroke. Deal was $750 a month for 24months not a big deal.

Well, apparently it was a big deal. First, you agreed to buy a truck that wasn't "road ready". Huh?

Then you start forking over money without having the title in your hand. No title = no ownership.

Then you actually return the truck to him and let him keep it.

I don't know which of these things is the biggest problem, but it sounds like you need some lessons in common sense.

You can try suing him in small claims court for the money you paid for repairing his truck, that's about it.

I don't suppose you got anything in writing for this deal, huh? Like a signed contract or agreement?

Well, apparently it was a big deal. First, you agreed to buy a truck that wasn't "road ready". Huh?

Then you start forking over money without having the title in your hand. No title = no ownership.

Then you actually return the truck to him and let him keep it.

I don't know which of these things is the biggest problem, but it sounds like you need some lessons in common sense.

You can try suing him in small claims court for the money you paid for repairing his truck, that's about it.

I don't suppose you got anything in writing for this deal, huh? Like a signed contract or agreement?
I do have a signed contract correct sir it states that i have a ten day grace period and that the contract can be canceled upon signs of abuse or neglect of the vehicle neither of which was the reason for repossion. and as for the common sense thing yes a lesson to be learned.

And if he has a lien on the truck the dealer owns the title and no one forks a title over until payments are made on full good sir. Your insults are not welcome I'm asking for advice, and i said in the start I had a signed contract read my full post before you unload on common sense and things to belittle me thanks

Maybe you should take all the paperwork you have about the truck and go see a local attorney.

Back