Consumer Fraud owner won't release title for paid in full limo

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatdaddyz

I own a limousine co, i bought a used limo on ebay 100% positive feedback. I paid buy it now price 40,000.00 cashiers check,also paid 2,300.00 for shipping. The owner never returned calls to see when shipment would occur, then they said they lost the limo? 2 weeks later they said they found it, i then got on a plane to ILL.The owner of the company wasen't there but i got a bill of sale, employee said he didn't know anything about the pink slip and i would need to call when i got back home. I Picked the limo up drove back to California, now i find the limo was a repo from bank and that this other company was selling it for the bank. I was just informed the ebay seller has taken off with the money, and the bank won't release the pink slip until he finds this person that has his money (my money) I told the bank i paid for the limo i have reciepts and i want the pink slip. Bank says NO!. Am i just out 40,000.00 or is there something i can do? Of course i notified ebay and they said its not there problem. Thank you. Phatdaddyz

You have been robbed. For future reference, never give up the cash without the title. I'm sorry, not trying to rub it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back