Overcharging water + sewage bill

Ujjawal

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hi,

I am one of two tenants at 2 bed 2 bath apartment at Chatham Reflections at mccallum blvd, Dallas
We got lease transferred from previous tenants at the same apartment 6 months back. The lease was on 4 tenants earlier and water + sewage bill was for 4 occupants.
The utility bill was named to a previous tenant.
They have vacated since then but we are still being charged with bill for 4 people. And the bill still comes in name of old tenant.
I just realized this after 6 months.
Is this illegal on apartment admin behalf.

Can I take some legal action against them?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Ujjawal

Is this illegal on apartment admin behalf.

It might not be illegal, but is certainly baffling.

I suggest you discuss your concerns with the management of your complex and work to resolve this issue.

Can I take some legal action against them?

I would advise against going FULL LEGAL, without calmly discussing the matter and working towards an amicable, just solution.

I talked to them today.
They say they need signature of the old tenants(come and physically sign) now on some addendum.
Old tenants are not in the city and are in different location.
What can be done in this situation?
Thanks for your reply again!

I talked to them today.
They say they need signature of the old tenants(come and physically sign) now on some addendum.
Old tenants are not in the city and are in different location.
What can be done in this situation?
Thanks for your reply again!

You SCAN the forms, email or text the forms to the necessary parties, asking them to sign, and then have them scan the SIGNED forms back to you.

Another option would be "old school" (but it works) is to fax the form to the specified parties, and have the parties sign the form, and fax same back to you.

Whichever option you choose, you would only need to take the SIGNED forms to the authority figure requesting the completed sign off.

This is why one should never do the deal you entered into, too complicated, and aways expect others to FAIL you.

Only YOU can protect YOU.

Good luck.

Back