Naturalization, Citizenship Out of US for 6 months can he apply for naturalization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marfil

Hi, my husband has had green card for almost 5 years (January 2007 will be exactly 5 years) , can he apply for Naturalization even if we are in Europe since May this year? He was relocated here. The house in TX is still under his name, if that helps. He does NOT have any records of felonies.
We really want to move back to the US , we don't like it here too much and we need him to become a citizen so that I can get my green card!
Before, I was there with my student visa.
Thanks!!!!!!!1

Hi, my husband has had green card for almost 5 years (January 2007 will be exactly 5 years) , can he apply for Naturalization even if we are in Europe since May this year? He was relocated here. The house in TX is still under his name, if that helps. He does NOT have any records of felonies.
We really want to move back to the US , we don't like it here too much and we need him to become a citizen so that I can get my green card!
Before, I was there with my student visa.
Thanks!!!!!!!1
My understanding (I'm not an immigration lawyer) is that there is a residency requirement. Your husband must be a resident for 5 years (as you apparently know) but also must reside in the US at least 50% of the time. In addition, he must also reside in the district of filing of the naturalization for at least 90 days. I cannot say how that relates to you but those are his requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back