Our money is stolen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid_

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

To keep a long story quite short:
Some friends and I hired a very expensive Dedicated Server at a hosting company. We had a contract of 1 year. We would pay 203 Pounds every month. This month(June) was our second month and we payed 203 Pounds again, But the company took our server down and won't bring it up again.
They used quite bad language while telling us we wouldn't get our money back, because they want to keep it.

I was wondering what we should do against this?

We have multiple screenshots them saying we wouldn't get our money back, but I'd rather not post them here since it is not the appropriate language use for these forums.

A lawyer is too expensive and we are 99% sure we will not win this.

I gladley appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance,
Sid :(

PS. Sorry for my language use, I'm not from an English country and only 14 years old so I don't know good English yet.

hm, now, where did this all happen? Where are you and where is the server company? Where did you send the money and how?

To answer your questions one needs this information.

This company is located in London and we are in the Netherlands.

We have send the money with paypal.

I hope this helps:)

Hm, this is bad.

I am not an expert on British law, though generally it depends on the wording of any contract or agreement you agreed to when signing up for this service. Probably they are in breach of this contract.

Now I don't know if there is anything like our "Small claims court" in England, that would be the easiest way to sue, but only if you would live there. Being in the Netherlands you would probably have to spend more money to sue them in England than the whole case is worth.

Have you tried any dispute resolution help paypal might offer?

Sorry that I can't help you more on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back