Our lives will never be the same!

Mommy 5

Jurisdiction
Utah
My 17 year old son was in a terrible crash on March 5th 2017 along with his 3 best friends and an acquaintance from school! 2 kids died and the other 2 were critically injured!! The driver was a senior 4 days away from his 18th b-day and it was the day of his junior prom... he was drinking and the kids asked for a ride home, he drove past my house and went to the mountains and there was lots more that happened.... the driver blamed his dead passenger for driving his vehicle, his license wasn't taken away after he left the hospital, he made bail, 5 months later we're approached with a plea deal from defense for 1 year in jail and 3 years probation of he dropped all charges except 4 for the other kids and went into adult court.... juvenile system recommended he stay a juvenile but he pleas guilty as an adult! The judge listens to all of the victims statements except the 13 year old girl that survived (all sexual related charges were dropped), when he reads his sentence he kinda smirks and says that his actions didn't cross the criminal threshold and he accepted the plea! Can the victims get this over turned? I am appalled that its even any option to do 1 year for the loss of so many due to his reckless driving and he has history of that and drinking and driving and sexual assault before this case! He is also still committed to a plea of abeyance from the previous sexual charge because it hasn't been a year yet! What can we do? This man is a danger and reckless! Now his family and friends are bullying both kids and the previous victim and social media rants to the victims family! Help!!! I just want the kids in thus community to be safe!!

Sorry, but there is nothing you can do about the results of the criminal prosecution and the safety of the kids in the community is, in reality, none of your business (from a "legal" standpoint).

What IS your business is your son. You're not clear whether he survived or not but, either way, you should be suing the at-fault driver for personal injury damages.

Get a personal injury attorney and go with that.

When your problem appears bigger than your ability to solve it, or your resources to pursue it, take it to The Lord, God Almighty in prayer.

Tell God, then forget it.

In His time.....

Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!"

Habakkuk 2:3 "For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay."

Genesis 18:14 "Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son."

God bless.

Back