Other Debt Osap

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomch

My boyfriend and I when to the bank to see if he can get a loan on his truck, so he can transfer it from his mother's name to his. During that time we found out that he's in debt of $10,000 dollars from OSAP. He told me that he never signed any papers for OSAP and that his parents were going to pay for his schooling, is it possible she got a loan from OSAP without his permission? his signature is easy to copy. Also is there anyway to call and explain this to the financial aid, and start payments over again? We need good credit because we're looking into buying a house.

thanks.

My boyfriend and I when to the bank to see if he can get a loan on his truck, so he can transfer it from his mother's name to his. During that time we found out that he's in debt of $10,000 dollars from OSAP. He told me that he never signed any papers for OSAP and that his parents were going to pay for his schooling, is it possible she got a loan from OSAP without his permission? his signature is easy to copy. Also is there anyway to call and explain this to the financial aid, and start payments over again? We need good credit because we're looking into buying a house.

thanks.

Good credit doesn't arrive because you need it.

Good credit, takes years to build, and can't be fixed by doing any ONE thing.

I suggest you keep your finances separate from his.
You ONLY know what he's telling you.
In my view, he's told you TOO much, and you're believing EVERY word of it.

If he can't afford to buy a truck in HIS name, he'll probably never be able to buy a house within the next 10 to 15 years, anyway.

Yeah, it takes that long, (could be as short as seven years), but its not just time roaring past.

If you're smart, you'll keep your money and your business separate from his.

Remember, his $10 or $10,000 loan isn't your problem, unless you do something very stupid.

Good luck.

His option is to report identity theft to the police and name his mother as a suspect for the felony offense. If he isn't willing to do that then he better work things out with mom, or he better come clean about his financial history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back