Opting out of class action

S

Sees

Jurisdiction
California
3 years ago I received a letter from a firm asking if we would like to retain them for a class action law suite that they were pursuing for home defects from the builder of the house we bought. Today after 3 years they send us a letter stating that they wanted to inspect our home. Now our home is past the warranty period.

My question is this. Can we opt out of this class action law suite now? The reasoning is this.. After doing some research people are stating that it's not worth it because whatever defects they find you will not get enough to fix it in the settlement plus you will have to disclosed these defect when you go to sell your house. Also if you decide to sell your house and class action is pending you can not sell your house.

So if possible what's the best way to OPt out? thanks

You aren't necessarily a plaintiff in a class action lawsuit because you failed to affirmately opt out.

Yes, I know what some might say.

However, unless you specifically opted in, failing to affirmately opt out doesn't mean you must comply with the class action lawsuit plaintiff's attorneys demands.

Yes, you are barred from sharing in the small payout, as I always say, class action lawsuits are legalized scams.

That said, you can simply refuse anyone access to your home without explanation or argument.

I've learned that being dumb or uninformed is easier than pretending to be smart.

Back