Opposite sex siblings in same bedroom?

K

kahteah

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I live in a two-bedroom apartment with my 4 yo son and 8 mo daughter. They are half siblings and they share a room. Each have their own space in this room; she sleeps in a crib and he sleeps in a full-sized bed. Is there a law against these two sleeping in the same room together? If so, what is the age restriction?

The only laws I've ever heard of, anywhere in the US, that relate to the sleeping arrangements of children have to do with children in foster care. When it's not a foster care situation, parents are free to set up the sleeping arrangements of their children any way that is convenient for them and the law is not going to say a word.

Thank you! I've had friends tell me that my current arrangement for them is "illegal" and I had never heard of such a thing.

Thank you! I've had friends tell me that my current arrangement for them is "illegal" and I had never heard of such a thing.

There is no law prohibiting poverty in this country.
If there were, people wouldn't have to get by.
In your case, I bet your kids are loved, protected, and nurtured.
If i were you, I'd tell your "friends" to mind their own business, and STOP poking their scandalous noses into yours.

You are fine. There are many people who cannot afford separate rooms for each child.

Back