Opposing party filed 3 false domestic violence cases against me...

D

DioneMac

Jurisdiction
Nevada
What is the statue of limitations to file a civil lawsuit against individuals who filed false domestic violence case's against me? Especially when two of three individuals actually attacked me. They don't deny wrongdoing, but they won't take responsibility.

Nevada Statutes of Limitations

Did you file against them? If you didn't give any statement and file a police report for the attack against you then your credibility might be an issue should you even proceed to filing a lawsuit for defamation. I doubt any attorney will take a defamation lawsuit on contingency and will require you to finance the lawsuit. Chances are slim you'll be able to get your money back or even be awarded a sum commensurate with the damage. It's extremely frustrating and something that seems very unfair. But in this instance, even if a district attorney would choose to go after these people for filing a false police report, there would need to be sufficient evidence to pursue. I don't know that this case for defamation would be a winner and whether a prosecutor might feel there is enough evidence to proceed with criminal charges for filing a false police report.

Back