Corporate Law Online Business with Out-of-state Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

campride

Hi this is Mark. I was thinking about starting a deal a day like site (i.e. groupon, living social) which entails doing business out-of-state. In a nutshell, I would be offering local promotional deals on behalf of merchants all over the US. Promotional deals may include real products and services and in some cases I may have to fulfill these orders for the merchant. Just like the other sites that do this, each promotion would be targeted to consumers in that particular area. My business' presence and employees would be purely in Nevada and in my research it would appear that this is an interstate business, however since I will be targeting out-of-state consumers on behalf of their local merchants, the legality of it all is convoluted. Now my question, would I have to "qualify to do business" in every state in which a deal is offered? If so this would be a huge roadblock for me as this is pricey proposition for a brand new startup. Thanks in advance for your advice.
VR,
Mark

If you're thinking of starting a business, you might want to get a lawyer involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back