Parole, Probation, Release On DUI Probation, caught Driving, but only got a ticket, did not go to jail.

A

Apollo Phi

Jurisdiction
Georgia
So, I was pulled over by a Georgia state patrolman. I was driving on a suspended license (or so I thought.) I was on my way to community service. The reason I was pulled over was that my vehicle had a suspended registration. I thought I was going to go to jail. However, when he came back, he told me that I have never received a notice that my license was suspended( I assumed it was because at my court hearing, the judge said so). So he gave me a notice that my license was suspended and that I had to move the car and find a ride home and I have to pay the ticket for driving with a suspended registration. Maybe he was just trying to be nice to me. The questions that I have are "How is it that I was never formally notified that my license was suspended, even though I knew it was, and how am I not in jail?" and "What is going to happen when I tell my probation officer that I was pulled over for driving on a suspended license? Also, if you have advice on how I should answer his question on any police contact, so that I wont get any detrimental consequences, that would be great. Any advice or experiences at all would great for piece of mind! Thank You!

Don't drive while your license is suspended.
Only the court can tell you what failed to happen.

Only your PO knows what action will be taken.

If you are revoked, you're entitled to a heating first.
Once a hearing is going to be held, you can ask for a public defender.

Until you learn more, stay out of trouble, don't drive any car.
Get your registration fixed, don't drive that car until it is properly registered and your license has been reinstated.

These are simple things that will keep you out of jail or prison, and in the free world.

The matter of notice is likely a clerical error. You were present in court and nothing further was necessary, but it was entered into the system as service still needed... So you likely caught a break.
You would not likely have been arrested anyway, but issued a citation with the new offense and the vehicle would be towed instead of parked. Again you caught a break.
Definitely tell your PO you got the citation. You don't want the PO to find out any other way. Your PO may take issue with you driving when you knew you should not be, but won't likely take any action unless you have had ongoing problems.

So, I was pulled over by a Georgia state patrolman. I was driving on a suspended license (or so I thought.) I was on my way to community service. The reason I was pulled over was that my vehicle had a suspended registration. I thought I was going to go to jail. However, when he came back, he told me that I have never received a notice that my license was suspended( I assumed it was because at my court hearing, the judge said so). So he gave me a notice that my license was suspended and that I had to move the car and find a ride home and I have to pay the ticket for driving with a suspended registration. Maybe he was just trying to be nice to me. The questions that I have are "How is it that I was never formally notified that my license was suspended, even though I knew it was, and how am I not in jail?" and "What is going to happen when I tell my probation officer that I was pulled over for driving on a suspended license? Also, if you have advice on how I should answer his question on any police contact, so that I wont get any detrimental consequences, that would be great. Any advice or experiences at all would great for piece of mind! Thank You!

You have to tell your PO you had police contact. It's up to your PO on whether to violate you or not. But you had police contact. Don't lie about it.

If you knew you have a suspended license why were you driving? Find a ride. I have two brothers who had suspended licenses at one point. One found people to give him rides. The other was a little turd and would just drive. He's lucky he didn't get pulled over.

Be glad you didn't get hauled off to jail. You very well could have.

Back