Officer forgot to return my license, registration, and insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir_Shaikh

An officer stopped me on the highway for doing 80 in a 65 :(. He gave me a ticket and then forgot to return my license, registration, and insurance. I still don't have it :mad:.

My first question is, I want to know can I do anything to make things difficult for him?

The 2nd question is, I was stopped even though I was following traffic. There were cars in front of me and behind me doing the same speed. The officer said he followed me for 2 miles. The funny thing is that he also said that the car behind me got out of his way so he could catch me. I own a sports car. I feel like I was targeted. Can I do anything about it?

Normally if I get a ticket, I don't complain about it, but this time it wasn't fair because I was targeted blatently.

Thanks.

later,
Amir

I don't blame you for being mad but I can't tell you what to do to make life "difficult" for the officer. If he was profiling you then you should lodge a complaint. You should also bring up the defense of entrapment in court -- the officer claimed that he allowed other cars to speed while he was following all of you. In allowing others to break the law you were induced into thinking that this rate of speed was being permitted but you were unlawfully targeted. I'm not sure that this will work but the defense has been raised before.

Thank you. I appreciate your response :).

I think for now I'm just going to get my license (etc.) back. Then I'll consider what strategy to use in court. I am definitely going to court for this one (first time).

later,
Amir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back