Parole, Probation nys parole

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj420

Can a parole officer make a parolee do a program, once released from prison, that has nothing to do with why he was incarcerated to begin with?
For example...if the parolee has a one time sex offense charge on his record from 12 years ago can he be made to do a sex offender program if the reason he went to prison was for a DWI?

Can a parole officer make a parolee do a program, once released from prison, that has nothing to do with why he was incarcerated to begin with?
For example...if the parolee has a one time sex offense charge on his record from 12 years ago can he be made to do a sex offender program if the reason he went to prison was for a DWI?

As a very young and dumb 1st LT placed in command of a basic training company, my 1st SGT was lecturing one of his Platoon SGTS and I heard him to say: "SGT Leyba, you can't make any of them recruits do a damn thing, but you can sure as hell make them regret what they didn't do!"

No, a PO can't MAKE a parolee do anything.

But, a PO can sure as hell make a parolee regret what he didn't do.

If a parolee is recalcitrant, obstinate, and refuses to do as instructed; I suspect the PO will take the steps necessary to see that the parolee is returned to prison (sooner or later).

Remember, parole is simply a VIRTUAL incarceration, and coincides with the parolee's institutionalization.

Parole can be revoked with the simple stroke of a judge's pen and a nod of his or head to a court officer to remand the person before the bar into custody.

Be very careful what when you refuse to comply with the orders of your PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back