Criminal Law NYClex: Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidhu

NYClex: Could you please help me out, Here is the deatail:
Here is the detail you need.

1995 Sexual Assult charge: found not guilty( ex-wife falsely accused)

- 1995 -

Count 1- Charge name was public mischief( false report to peace officer that someone else committed crime), I was depressed at that time .

Type of charge: Summary in Canada ( prosecutor proceeded this charge as a summary, there is a note on the disposition.

maximum sentence of a Summary Charge: 6 months and maximum fime $2000.00

Disposition: Conditional discharge with 1 year probation( probation completed)

Count 2: Cahrge name was breach of peace( charged with count 1)( crown proceeded this charge as a summary, there is a note on the disposition.

Type of charge: Summary in Canada

maximum sentence of a Summary Charge: 6 months and maximum fime $2000.00

Disposition : withdrawn by prosecuotor

Question: What immigartion officer will be looking at in the inetrview i.e. one aquittal,
one charge was withdrawn, one charge pleaded gulity and condition discharge with probation( completed probation). which one?

Question: Please let me am I facing any problem because all of this. Are they looikng at the charge too where it was withdrawn. I am in the usa from last five years( been on TN nad HI visa and now on TN visa).
Please clarify the situation. Very scared and confused.

Thanks,
Sidhu

I thought I had answered this before. Both convictions don't sound as if they were for a crime of moral turpitude so you should be in the clear.

But if in doubt you should consult an immigration attoreny who will look at all your paperwork and the details. We cannot do this here on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back