Nursing Student that needs guidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjr1056

This is the senario for my delima I am facing! I have been in the Radiology Field for 22 years and decided to go into nursing to which I was accepted and now am attending. The problem I am faced with that my last employer, when I was the Director of Radiology and Materials Manager for this small hospital accused me falsely writing a precription for a drug called "Ultram" a non narcotic but accused me of it being a narcotic, to which they turn this in the my licensure for Radiology Technologist and I wrote an explanation to the Ethics committee of my Licensure agengy stating that this simply was not true that what I did was write the correct "Date" on the precription and the Doctor that precribed this denied giving me this due to him I think being scared of the corporation he was working for. The Ethics Committee took the word of my late employer and Revoked my licenses. I did not find this out until recently but had started pursueing the RN Career a year before the revoke date and now I am faced with this being part of a Medical Association that I have now been revoked from a healthcare agency and one of the questions for becoming a nurse is "have you ever been denied or had any revoked licenses in another healthcare agency"? Now of course the answer would have to be yes and I am now facing being thrown out of the program to which I have spent a year preparing for and finally getting accepted. Now, had I really done this as they reported to my Licensure Agency, would I have not been legally charged by the Law before this Ethics committee gave their actions? Regardless, I know that Doctors write themselves precriptions all the time and do get caught but usually never get their Licenses revoke, maybe put on probation of some type and are made to attend a Rehab center of some type. Is this not a double standard action on the part of the Ethics committee to judge this so harshly? As I said, I gave 22 years of a spotless record of service in this healthcare service and the reason I think this employer did this was because I voiced my opinion to the higher managment person with concerns about how this hospital was buying supplies and how the hospitals were being charged by a sister company of this corporation and being a Government Regulated Facility and the buying laws that goes along with this type of intity. This to me is a very serious atribute of violating the Ethics of Healthcare and I feel that I was black balled. What can I do or can I do anything?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back