Nursing school student suit

M

Mgh143

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
Here goes,
I am a nursing student at roxbury community college in roxbury, Massachusetts. As a nursing student there is a scroll of classes (pre reqs ) that need to be completed before consideration of admission to the school, in addition to corequisites. I took english comp 2 which was a corequisite prior to starting the nursing program. I received a C- in the class and my current school requires a solid C to transfer in. I have completed 2 semesters out of 4 at my nursing program. I repeated the second semester but still passed. The director of my program emailed me tonight saying i cannot start my next semester next week until i take eng comp 2 and pass with a C. That will set me back a year alone in the nursing program in addition to one or two of my science classes expiring as a result of having to wait. She said I could "clep" the english class but the next "clep" isnt until after my first day back at nursing school next week. My question is, what type of argument do i have . . It is not my fault they accepted me into the program and overlooked this for 2 years. I am hoping she will let me take eng comp 2 alongside my next nursing semester but it isnt likely, she is not very nice. Help!! Please!! Any advice i will take.
Thank you

I suggest you take the course you are required to take and get the grade you are required to take. You aren't going to find any law or legal process by which you can force them to allow you to start the program without completing the requirements to their satisfaction.

I suggest you take the course you are required to take and get the grade you are required to take. You aren't going to find any law or legal process by which you can force them to allow you to start the program without completing the requirements to their satisfaction.
I have been in the program for a year already. They are saying this class should have been completed with a C before i started, but I started with no word of this being an issue until today. If i have to put the nursing program on hold to take this class , 2 of my science classes will expire. There isn't any negligence on there part for even allowing me to start if i did not have a pre req class completed to their standard?
Thank you for your response

I have been in the program for a year already. They are saying this class should have been completed with a C before i started, but I started with no word of this being an issue until today. If i have to put the nursing program on hold to take this class , 2 of my science classes will expire. There isn't any negligence on there part for even allowing me to start if i did not have a pre req class completed to their standard?
Thank you for your response

The college's decision is the only one that matters.
As you were told, this isn't a legal issue.
There's NOTHING the law can do for you, because the law doesn't get involved in how schools and colleges run their everyday affairs.

As previously suggested, you need to seek some accommodation from the school's leadership.

There isn't any negligence on there part for even allowing me to start if i did not have a pre req class completed to their standard?

Let's put it this way. The law is not going to recognize this as any form of negligence that is going to force them to exempt you from the requirement.

The school is allowing me to take a placement test to satisfy the requirement. I wrote this post in my fit of rage last night haha but thank you so very much to all that took the time to comment, I appreciate it.

The school is allowing me to take a placement test to satisfy the requirement. I wrote this post in my fit of rage last night haha but thank you so very much to all that took the time to comment, I appreciate it.

Wise choice, mate, accommodation and/or negotiation is always your best ploy.

I'll give you this story: One of my old college teachers got her record audited last year. She worked at the college for 28 years and suddenly they find out that she was one class short of getting her degree. She didn't know this. Her college never told her. And she worked at the college she taught 28 years. Now you say they shouldn't have let you in the program with that grade? Imagine you work somewhere 28 years and then suddenly get told you aren't "qualified" to perform your job because of an administrative error...

She ultimately resigned after they had some hearings and is now working elsewhere at other jobs. Be glad they're giving you a chance.

Back