Not sure what to do.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughingmoon

Here's the revised version of this long story....
My parents are in financial trouble AGAIN!!!
Over the years my parents have had continuous financial troubles. My husband and I have bailed them out numerous times. In the past year we have given them a minivan (1992) and around $2000 in cash to help them out. November of 2008 they were forced to leave their house due to foreclosure. My brother had died and the house was in his name and they were unable to keep up the payments. I realize this is a sticky situation and I have no idea how they were able to stay in the house for as long as they did. My parents also have legal custody of my brother's daughter. Her mother has had nothing to do with her for over a year now. (Another story). I found out this evening that my parents are about to be evicted from the house they are now renting because they are behind on their rent. How far I do not know. I cannot keep giving them money. I have my own family and my own bills. I do know that both parents receive social security and they receive social security benefits for my niece. How much they receive monthly (combined) I do not know. I need to know if/how I can take over their finances. I also need to know if this in any way could cause them to lose custody of my niece. Losing her would kill them. I once offered to take my niece in and raise her as my own...Let's just say that didn't go well and I was a horrible daughter. (That's putting it nicely). I'm at my wits end. Someone please help!!! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back