Not sure if this is harrassment or discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckyW

I am the only desk clerk at a nice motel. When the boss needs extra help he calls on "Tiffany". She has a full time job at a factory and helps at the hotel when needed. On two different occasions I was scheduled to work by the boss just to find Tiffany there. On this last occasion my schedule had been slightly changed but not for this particular day. My boss had given me a new schedule the week before. When I showed up the boss didnt say anything. Tiffany started asking him which one of us he wanted to stay. The boss said he felt like he was in the middle of a tug of war. Since this is my only means of making a living and I was given a schedule to work that day I would think it only fair for Tiffany to leave. While standing there I realized that if he wanted me to stay he would have told Tiffany that there was a mistake and since I was already scheduled she would have to leave. But he wasnt saying that. All he could do was look dumbfounded so I volunteered to leave since Tiffany wouldnt and customers where standing around waiting to be serviced. Is this discrimination or simply an unfair boss? Is there anything I can do about this at all?

Nothing you have posted indicates any discrimination, illegal or otherwise. All it shows is a manager who made a scheduling error and didn't know how to handle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back