Not married -separated

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondgirl02

My boyfriend and I of 6 years recently split up. We have a house together, in both of our names. We also own a timeshare together. We have 6 pets and everything in the house we bought together with our joint account. Now that we are split up, he is making it difficult to move on. I'm working on the Quit Claim deed for our time share, but we consolidated 3 credit cards. He wants to keep the house, but I believe we can't get me off the house unless he refinances. Which first we would have to have those credit cards paid off. Is that right? We're trying to figure out what the steps are to get everything taken care of. Idealy here is what we want...
1. His name off of the time share
2.Pay off the credit cards together (half and half)
3.My name off of the house

We have not gone through any attorney. I paid $400 for an appraisal for the house, he would not pay for. Everything else, we did on our own. I'm not asking for any other possesions in the house, except maybe some pets. The credit consolidator takes money out of MY account each month, but he is unsure if he wants to pay for that because he thinks he gave me a good deal because I don't have to deal with the house, even though he did not want to sell. I basically am letting him buy me out, but we did all of that ourselves...HELP!?!?!

Confused,
Erika

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back