Not married but seperating

john davis

Jurisdiction
West Virginia
she has lived with me for almost a year, she has two kids by someone else. And we have one new born. Just wondering what will I be liable for house or car or just child support. Not married

she has lived with me for almost a year, she has two kids by someone else. And we have one new born. Just wondering what will I be liable for house or car or just child support. Not married

She's nothing to you, legally.
You're not responsible for anything she needs now, or ever.

I suggest you get a DNA test through the state before you worry about child support.
If you are legally the father of one child, you'll be required to pay COURT ORDERED child support.
That's all you'll owe her.

What if the car is in both names. And is there certain amount of years us being that I would be reliable for a house or vehicle.

The car (as is everything else) is YOUR problem to unravel.
The court won't care about the financial mess you've made because you played house without the benefit of a state issued license to do so.

NO, you owe her NOTHING going forward, BUT child support if a DNA test says you are the father.

These people will help you establish paternity (or NOT), and get visitation (if you want it), and pay child support (if you want it or NOT), you'll still pay child support - assuming you are the baby daddy:
Paternity
OSBA | Paternity Proceeding Establishes Parent-Child Relationship
ODJFS Online | Office of Child Support

Back