Not fully disclosing information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark6758

I have a question regarding not fully disclosing information prior to starting a new position as a physician. I am new graduate and about to start work in a university hospital. The problem is I have had disciplinary action during my residency. My program has informed me via a letter that they will not disclose this information to any outside agency. But, that information is still in my permanent training record. So, before I apply for my state license and start my new job, I need to have an idea of how egregious it would be if I say that I have had no prior issues. There are several scary scenarios which I have listed, please advice:
(1) What do state licensing boards generally do in such cases...suspend, revoke...or fine...??
(2) In case of a lawsuit, would my insurance coverage be dropped...and I become solely responsible for the liability etc?
(3) If I disclosed it a later time voluntarily after I start work, would that cause less damage.
I know that it is better, safer and smarter to disclose first. But I really need this position for multitude of reasons and cannot afford to loose this chance. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back