not doing their job

S

scora

Jurisdiction
New York
About a month or so ago I received some emails saying that there was some changes to my account, taking someone by the name of Garcia rights away to make any changes to the account. This same day my text messaging stopped working for both lines on my account. I called tech support about it and they informed me that they do see the changes and asked me if I knew anyone of those credential I said no. So he started to fix my text messaging problem and that the mistake with this women was someone was trying to make changes on their account and the tech or rep pulled up the wrong account which was mine. After this phone call my texts was working but only for like a few days and stopped working again. A few weeks later I called sprint again about text messaging and she informed that there was 3 accounts in my name, I informed her that there should only be 2 and to take off the third account which is not mine. She instructed me that she will do so, that my text messaging for both lines should be working now. My texts were back working, but not the second line. So, today I went to look at my bill and how much it was, and what I owe as far as paying for the phone. That is when I saw that the number and the IPhone was still on my account for which I am paying with a New York area code. So can I sue sprint for doing their job, and not taking this off my account and still having me pay.

You just might want to go IMMEDIATELY, without further delay, into a corporate owned Sprint Store.

Take proof that documents your lingering issues.
When you arrive, present your proof, as you discuss your problem.

Ask for help, be calm, be pleasant, be patient.
Do take notes, document names, and the conversation in the store.

Get it in writing, or someone will claim it never happened.

this scora making a note on the original post, I live in Memphis, TN. the other phone number under my account has a New York area code.

You just might want to go IMMEDIATELY, without further delay, into a corporate owned Sprint Store.

why m

May I ask why do I need to go into a corporate store? and can I not sue them?

You are way jumping the gun thinking about suing. You need to speak with an actual person, have them review the account with you in person (to prove you are who you say you are), etc. You need in writing documentation of your visit and of the changes needed.

While it could be a mistake on the wrong account, it could also be fraud. Especially since it has happened more than once. Ask if there is anyway to put a note/message/question on your account with an answer that no one else would know (not your SSN, birthdate, mothers maiden name, etc) But some sort of security that only you know so if there is a person in the wrong account that will be sorted out by the security questions.

You are way jumping the gun thinking about suing. You need to speak with an actual person, have them review the account with you in person (to prove you are who you say you are), etc. You need in writing documentation of your visit and of the changes needed.

While it could be a mistake on the wrong account, it could also be fraud. Especially since it has happened more than once. Ask if there is anyway to put a note/message/question on your account with an answer that no one else would know (not your SSN, birthdate, mothers maiden name, etc) But some sort of security that only you know so if there is a person in the wrong account that will be sorted out by the security questions.[/Q

I did speak to actual people.

why m

May I ask why do I need to go into a corporate store? and can I not sue them?

Why do you want to sue them so badly? Have you gone to someone in person and talked about fixing the problem? They did apparently fix it a few times.

If you go in person to a store then you can at least say you exhausted all your options and they still didn't fix it. Suing someone or a company doesn't mean you'll even win and if you do, doesn't guarantee you get any money.

Back