North Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndchevguy

Awhile back my daughter was sexually assulted by a 17 year old male, long story short my son was very upset and kicked the kids fender on his car. My son admitted to this and went to court. He was ordered to pay the kid 300.00 in damages , 6 months probation and comunity service. We paid the 300.00 dollars, he did probation and comunity service. A couple months ago this kid called me and said he needed more money, I said no. His dad wrote me a letter asking for more money or he was taking us back to court. I talked to the states attourney in our county and he said let him, he has no case, your son paid him and di what the court asked. Now we are getting letters from his auto insurance saying they fixed his car with new parts and its more than what the court made us pay him. They said if our son doesnt pay they will do whatever to make sure they get the money. I was told this isnt legal, the kid got what the court asked and instead of fixing the car with that he had new parts put on. The new fender wasnt even 300.00 but with labor, paint ect its now 700.00 Just wondering if I have to give into this family's threats and from the insurance company? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back