Non-traffic summons and H1B

CuriousDefender

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Please help.
I received a non-traffic summons for tampering with a fire alarm system. I was trying to prevent a false alarm call to the fire department while I was cooking in my apartment, so I covered the smoke detector. Would a guilty plea affect my chances of getting an H1b visa and further, a green card?

I have an F1 visa now, and just applied for OPT.

Thank you.

An F1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa for those wishing to study in the U.S. You must file an F1 visa application if you plan on entering the US to attend a university or college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, language training program, or other academic institution.

F1 Visa Stamp Valid for two years. This a one of the frequently asked question after F1 Visa interview when the visa validity is less than five years.

An F1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa for those wishing to study in the U.S. You must file an F1 visa application if you plan on entering the US to attend a university or college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, language training program, or other academic institution.

F1 Visa Stamp Valid for two years. This a one of the frequently asked question after F1 Visa interview when the visa validity is less than five years.

Thank you for the information. This means that a guilty plea to the non-traffic citation would be a bad outcome, right?

Thank you for the information. This means that a guilty plea to the non-traffic citation would be a bad outcome, right?

I don't think a summons for an ordinance violation would amount to "moral turpitude".

My guess is that the immigration authorities would take no notice of such a low level infraction.

However, it would cost you about 30 minutes of your time to discuss it with a local immigration attorney.

Most attorneys will meet with prospective clients at no charge to understand the client's concerns and needs.

I don't think a summons for an ordinance violation would amount to "moral turpitude".

My guess is that the immigration authorities would take no notice of such a low level infraction.

However, it would cost you about 30 minutes of your time to discuss it with a local immigration attorney.

Most attorneys will meet with prospective clients at no charge to understand the client's concerns and needs.

Thank you very much for the response. I will spend some time searching for a good immigration attorney.

Back