Non-compete sales agreement

beevobear

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I work in medical device industry and have to sign a sales / non compete agreement. I would would work for an LLC as an LLC myself. . The issue is the principals/owners of company I would work for....The company I would work for has a non exclusive agreement with a medical company they would represent but the additional owners also have their own company with same type of products although they do not list themselves as owning these companies. They list themselves as a company that does not compete in the same industry. Is this legal? Also my concern is if I sign an agreement with 12 month non compete in same industry and the other company finds out there is conflict of interest from principals of the company I work for and then
they no longer allow them to represent their products because conflict can they hold me to non compete in territory assigned?

Frankly, if you don't understand what you are getting into by signing a non-compete I suggest you take it to a lawyer before you sign it.

Those things are deadly and can effectively put you out of business for a year and/or make you unemployable as well as getting you to spend thousands on an attorney when you get sued.

I know. I was a victim of one once and I would urge you not to agree to it even if it means you don't get the work.

As Dad often told me, "Son, if you don't know what to do, do nothing."

Back