Consumer Fraud No refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plainblain

I ordered a meal at a restaurant with my credit card & the cook didn't make it. I asked for a refund & the manager said he wasn't in the refund business, can I sue?

Do you mean that there was no food served at all? Or that the wrong dish was prepared?

There was no food served at all.

Between the time you placed your order, and some time passed, did anything unusual occur?

Was there a disturbance between you and employees, customers, or anyone inside the establishment?

Why did you pay for your food before receiving it? Does this establishment conduct business like Burger Queen, Wendall's, MacRonald's (fictitious names, but you get the idea)?

Is this a take away food establishment? This means you place an order, time passes, food is delivered.

Nothing happened at all between the time I placed the order & the manager refused to make it.

I paid for it before it was made because it was an employee meal & you don't receive the meal unless you pay first.

The manager gave me the ticket for the food back & the amount has been processed out of my account, also there are cameras everywhere I'm the restaurant. Is there still no chance?

The manager gave me the ticket for the food back & the amount has been processed out of my account, also there are cameras everywhere I'm the restaurant. Is there still no chance?

You could sue in small claims court.

Your damages would be the cost of the meal.

So, say it was $10, that's what you MIGHT recover, nothing more.

Its easier to report it to your bank and ask them to charge it back to the merchant.

Otherwise, I'd let it go.

I'd also start looking for a new job, and I sure wouldn't eat there again.

I, myself, certainly would not sue for the amount of a meal. Do you have any idea why the meal wasn't made? Can you report the mgr. to someone higher? You might just want to let it go.

I just dont feel like I shoukd let it go because my managers are bullies & they do this to customers all the time because they instill fear in the workers because of the stunt they pulledI didnt eat for like 2 days and the manager that didn't make my food took me in the office the next day and told me she was purposefully not giving me hours

I just dont feel like I shoukd let it go because my managers are bullies & they do this to customers all the time because they instill fear in the workers because of the stunt they pulledI didnt eat for like 2 days and the manager that didn't make my food took me in the office the next day and told me she was purposefully not giving me hours

So leave. They're not going to change, and you're not going to enjoy work any more than you do now.

Honestly, you'd be lucky to even get this beyond the circular file in small claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back