No paycheck Wed. 1/9/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

tphjr

I am a sub-contractor for FTS in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. We install cable tv, phone and internet. The period I am not getting paid for is December 16 through 22. I should have received the paycheck on January 4. During the week of Dec 16 through 22, FTS had sent me to Oklahome City to help repair the system caused by the recent ice storms. I commited to work until the middle of January. They offered me to work on Christmas day for double payment, which I committed to. They called me at 9:30 pm on Christmas Eve and informed me that the project was over.

My paycheck should have been for $1470.00. The company has told me that the check is on its way, and could be a week late. Currently, my bank account is in the negative $350.00, with $100.00 NSF fees because I didn't get the paycheck deposited in time. Also I have tuition due this Friday.

Not only did I not spend Christmas with my family for the first time, I'm also not seeing payment for the hard work I put in for this company.

Please tell me what rights I have as an independent contractor for Texas. I just came from the Texas Workforce Commission and discovered that since I am an indepedent contractor, they will not investigate FTS. Thank you for any advice.

Sincerely,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back