No paycheck in 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0409

Hi: I am writing in regards to my last paycheck. On Jan 28th I had left the Co. for reasons which I was not treated fairly with the Co. i had 1 weeks pay coming and 22 days vacation left. I received a call saying that I needed to turn in my uniforms and keys. I went to turn my uniforms in and I had left a shirt in the truck but they had taken the truck to salisbury and I couldn't get it so I turned what I had and the keys. I had called them to tell them that I always kept a spare shirt in the truck and to this day I still haven't gotten any pay. Is it because they are getting even because I left? It's unreal I told them I turned all my stuff in and still haven't gotten any money. With a company I guess an ex-worker has no rights at all. I wish something can be done and I wish someone would help. Thx---------------Mike

Re paycheck

Hi Beth: I'm in the state of Md. A company shouldn't do this after 29 years of service this is totally ridiculous. -----Mike

Maryland requires that final wages be paid no later than the employee's next regularly scheduled pay day. MD reg's also require that all earned but unused vacation be paid out upon separation.

I suggest you contact MD's Department of Labor and file a complaint. It's been two and a-half months since you left so clearly your employer has no intention of paying you. I agree the situation is unwarranted and totally ridiciulous.

Division of Labor and Industry

Employment Standards Service -
The Maryland Guide to Wage Payment and Employment Standards -
Wages and Compensation -
Wage Payment on Termination: When Final Paycheck Due

Each employer shall pay an employee, or the authorized representative of an employee, all wages due for work that the employee performed before the termination of employment, on or before the day on which the employee would have been paid the wages if the employment had not terminated.

For additional information, contact:
Division of Labor and Industry
Employment Standards Service
1100 North Eutaw Street, Room 607
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
(410) 767-2357
(410) 333-7303 FAX

Re paycheck

Thx Beth: I feel so down it's like they don't care and I wish something could be done so they would not do this to others. Again Thanks ------Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back