NO one will help me so frustrated I have a good case

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnyjobe

HELP HELP HELP

About a month ago. My website and personal e-mail was hacked. I found out about it, and who did it later that night. They refused to give me back my password, and still to this day I have not gotten back in. The suspect then changed my entire website (except primary email and address link, because there is no way to do this, since my prime e-mail website no longer exists, and I am only one of eight people in the world with the email tagline) but everything on my website was earsed; my pics, my general information, my stories, my reviews, my journals, and my poems. They also have access to the email inbox that I have had for 3 and half years (which is my only personal e-mail for over three years) Since I cannot access my website, I have no idea what was in it, or if she deleted them, and a lot of them are very very personal, conversations with; girlfriend, EXs, friends, employees, fellow students, ect. She also deleted all of my friends, family, co-workers, everyone. She then either created a fake persona, or gave my website and e-mail to someone else.

I filed a report and showed both the state's attorney and the police the laws she broke. They still refused to prosecute, because they were unfamiliar with it, and told me to go to a civil court. I've call 4 attorneys told them the evidence I have, and they all said it was criminal, then when I told them I was refused state defense, they said I cannot prove any losses. Its looks like everyone is just actively ignoring these laws.

First of all she broke a number of laws...

unauthorized access to a network/ e-mail: in IL is a misdemeanor, even when there are no loses involved. I contacted the website administrative services and told me that the account is being accessed about once or twice a day. That is one or two misdemeanor a day for over a month.

Harassment: She did this maliciously after we had a disagreement. I then found out, and tried to get the password from her and a third-party, which she responded immature laughing and sarcastic comments.

Copyright: From what I have researched, everything that was on that website is copy written. Including; all my journals, informations, contacts, and over 500+ personal e-mails.

Misrepresentation/identity-theft: Not sure which one, but either way she took my e-mail and gave it to someone else, or created a fake person.

How can anyone say there is no damages. She has massive amounts of personal information that can be used in many different ways. She has a history of; fraud, lying, scamming, and questionable law suits. Pictures of my girlfriend and I are gone forever, and also many pictures of myself. Poems that I wrote are all gone now. People I have no contact with (I have no phone) are gone, personal information is all gone. Now I'm sad, frustrated, and stressed as to what she is going to do with all that information. And besides that; what should it matter? The items she read, and deleted are forever gone and forever in her head and anyone else she has told or given access to. I have no access to anything anymore. Everyone has told me nothing can be done. She is very very very rich and has gotten away with a lot, and I do not want her to get away with this. She thinks she can do what she wants, and now I'm starting to think she can. Someone tell me how to build up a civil case to show all the damages ( the best I got was a lawyer telling me I could get MAYBE 10,000 dollars; which to her is the equivalent of me having to give up a dollar). Is there anything I can do

depressedJOBE

If you pay a lawyer enough money, then he will become interested.

Is it a good case

Will the lawyer build some sort of way to measure my damages and get compensation or a settlement? This girl is worth MILLIONS, and it's not wrapped up in stock or real estate. All the lawyers I've talked to said it would be hard to get a judge to give me any amount of money.

If multiple lawyers, who presumably have a great deal more information than we do, have said that the case is not worth much money, what do you expect us to tell you that they cannot?

Well I was wondering since, I live in a smaller city, and the only concrete reason I got was because both the lawyer's and state's attorney said they were unfamiliar with these type (internet, ect) of cases they wouldn't know how to build a case. I posted here, because I was wondering if anyone was familiar, and any advice on how to quantify my loses and damages.

Sorry to hear about your case:

1) What state are you in and who did you report this case? Their issue about going to civil court is the usual response. They would rather go after big fish than some hacker who hasn't stolen enough money to capture headlines. But in their defense, there are more cases than there are resources.

2) I am missing pieces of the puzzle. Who is hosting your web site?

3) Do you have the logs from your web site? If you do, then you should be able to see the IP address of the person who has been accessing your web site. If you can't even get in or download your logs (which I assume you can't) then why didn't you simply call up your host to change your password and recover all your work? You can also restore from backups.

Without the logs or the other items, it's impossible to go to court, either state or criminal. I'll need more facts in order to help you out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back