No license/what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fragments

While my parents were on vacation I was driving their car.

I got pulled over for having my left brake light out. (I did not know this or I wouldn't have driven at night) I got a waivable ticket for that.

The problem is that I have no license and never have. The cop wrote me a misdemeanor ticket for "driving w/o operators license" and let me go.

I have no record and was planning on taking the written this week.

My questions are:
Will this prevent me from getting my license for a period of time or should I try like I had planned?
About how much money does this usually cost?
If it was my parents car . . . is there any way my dad will find out? (I told my mom so she could fix the light though.)

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

You need to give us your state and the statute number on the ticket. It is very likely that this will prevent you from getting your license. In most states a misdemeanor is a criminal violation rather than a traffic infraction like a speeding ticket.

I am from Michigan. Where would the statute number be?

It says misdemeanor at the bottom of my ticket though.

Also, what should I tell the judge? I know to play nice but any tips are helpful.

Again any help is appreciated.

fragments said:
I am from Michigan. Where would the statute number be?

It says misdemeanor at the bottom of my ticket though.

Also, what should I tell the judge? I know to play nice but any tips are helpful.

Again any help is appreciated.
Why don't you find out if you can get the ticket dropped if you fix the light? I had this happen in another county in NY and once the police confirmed the lights were fixed I was somehow able to have the ticket dismissed by the police as having the problem remedied. I think the same thing occurs with expired inspections in some counties.

I'm impressed with all the responses here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back