No insurance ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamillarodrigue

Hi,

I got a ticket for not having insurance and for my tag being expired. Well, I arrived from Brazil ( where i spent my whole summer) on Friday. On Saturday I went to get my insurance and to renew my tag. When I was 1 mile from the emission place, the police officer pulled me over and gave me two tickets ( no insurance and expired tag). So, I am going to court and I was wondering what I should plea, guilty or not guilty? The point is, I was going to get everything done, and the police officer pulled me over, and I couldnt do that before because I have just arrived from another country the day before. I am also a student, there is no way that I can pay a ticket worth $500 , what shall I do, i am desesperate, please help!!!

Thanks

Kamilla

Sorry but it is not necessary to drive the car to get your insurance. If you had been in an accident you had no insurance so you are guilty. Next time take a taxi since officers are trained to watch for expired tags.

The best you can do now is to take your information into court and hope for a reduction in the fine and a payment plan. Usually they will work with you if you have some cash to start with.

hey

Hey what about my case...

I'm from Mexico,, I like to come to california everytime that i have vacations.. my writting is notr very good, so please understand me.

I had a collision a month ago.. i was driving my uncle's car with no insurance.. i didn't know the car had no insurance,, now i have to pay like 1600.00,,
I just got married here a week ago there is a posibility to reduce the ticket if i buy the car and i got insurance.. please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back