No informed consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber Wickham

Jurisdiction
Colorado
If I have a treatment of full mouth extraction and dentures in 2015, & am not given any type of informed consent. & Not knowing there is such a thing. Also Had my dentures made completely wrong and dentist wouldn't acknowledge it, but figured the slight appearance changes were from that but Then I start noticing a huge change in my appearance in 2018, & so I go to a dentist to get planned implants. and to see why my appearance has changed and find out its severe bone atrophy in October 2018. Is it to late to file a case for lack of informed consent?

If I have a treatment of full mouth extraction and dentures in 2015, & am not given any type of informed consent.

What do you mean when you say that you were "not given any type of informed consent"? Hard to believe any dentist would do a procedure like this without having a signed consent on file. What did you think was happening when this procedure was done?

Is it to late to file a case for lack of informed consent?

Probably. The Colorado statute of limitations (actually a statute of repose) for medical malpractice is 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back