No Heater In My Apartment?Is this Legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melaniein916

I moved into a studio apartment in August and I like it fine. But I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a heater/furnace anywhere. Isn't it illegal to not have a way to heat my apartment up in the winter. I have a good wall A/C
it doesn't get really cold here in the winter, but it gets cold enough to need a heater. My boyfriend says it's not illegal, but I think it is. please advise, before the weather changes!

I moved into a studio apartment in August and I like it fine. But I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a heater/furnace anywhere. Isn't it illegal to not have a way to heat my apartment up in the winter. I have a good wall A/C
it doesn't get really cold here in the winter, but it gets cold enough to need a heater. My boyfriend says it's not illegal, but I think it is. please advise, before the weather changes!

What is the municipality in which you reside?

I live in Sacramento County.

In the county, or in a specific city or town?

If it is in the county, here are the people you want to contact.
They can tell you what your landlord must supply to your unit.
They can also inspect your unit and tell you if it is in compliance..

New phone customer service hours
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

To file a complaint or open a case: (916) 875-5656
To report a public nuisance for Code Enforcement investigation online:

http://www.msa2.saccounty.net/countyinfo/Pages/ReportIssue.aspx

For general questions about existing cases or to contact the Officer of the Day: (916) 874-6444

Public Counters
Florin East Grammar School, 8383 Florin Road
Tues., Wed., and Thurs., 1-4 p.m.

County Branch Center, Bradshaw Road Complex, 4101 Branch Center Road
Mon. - Thurs., 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., closed Fri. - Sun.

If you have other questions regarding the Rental Housing Inspection program, please contact the program at 916-876-9020. Please be aware we are receiving a high volume of calls. It is our intent to respond to these calls within 72 hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back