Professional Malpractice No full use of wrist after surgery, malpractice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sokol

On February 2nd, I fell as I was running and broke my radius in my left arm and dislocated that same wrist. I had surgery and they used a titanium plate and screws to put my radius back together. 5 Weeks after surgery I had my cast taken off. They told me my wrist would be stiff for some time, just as I expected. after the first week stiffness started going away in most parts of my wrist and I continued doing the "at home therapy" for my wrist. Second week came and I noticed my wrist wasn't feeling right. This is tough to explain through typing but when I put my elbows against the side of my body with my arm at 90 degrees and my wrist in the position as if I was to shake someones hand I CANNOT turn my wrist to the right at all, and when I try I feel excruciating pain and it feels like my wrist/radius are about to break. On the third week, currently, I have majority of my wrist movement back but I still CANNOT turn my wrist to the right! Even tho I had 2 appointments with my surgeon she just keeps telling me its just stiffness and to continue doing the physical therapy exercises she told me to do. Its been 3 weeks and I still cant turn my wrist to the right the slightest bit and the movement has made absolutely no progress ever since I got my cast taken off. I feel as if that movement in my wrist is permanently gone.

I feel as if the hospital is completely ignoring this issue of mine. How long should I wait to put forward any legal action/contact a lawyer, or if I should even get one or not, what should my next step be?

Thanks, I appreciate any feedback!

My, my but your name sounds terrifically similar to a well known "ambulance chasing" type of attorney :cool:.

Moving on.
We unfortunately can't give you even an armchair diagnosis and I suspect that you're fairly early on in the healing process. I would seek a second opinion and request further imaging studies before I went further.

My father broke his wrist as a teen. I broke my wrist over 20 years ago on a motorbike. Neither wrist has worked properly since.

The initial injury was less than two months ago and you're already looking at lawsuits because it's not fully healed? It's WAY too early for that. Get a second opinion if you're that concerned but be prepared to hear that it's going to take MUCH longer than six and a half weeks for full, or even partial, mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back