No end date on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

majik014x4

Hi,

I very recently started work for a major bank in manhatten ( wall st.) I was hired as a consultant by a company from India doing business in New York and NJ. There is no contract end date listed anywhere on the contract. I accepted the position with the understanding it was full time long term permanent position.

After a few weeks of work I get an email with the onbording details of my employment from the bank. The end date of the contract is only 6 months from the start date. The position requires me to relocate, and they offer relocation assistance to NJ. But if the employment does not last a year the relocation assistance is considered a loan and must be repaid. I have not moved (it has only been a few weeks since I started) and I have not submitted the form for relocation assistance.

I was very upset when I discovered the end date was only six months from the start date. The company from India is up to no good as far as I am concerned. I believe they hired me to put a body in front of the customer and tried to pull a fast one by excluding an end date on the contract.

I have protested the matter with the company. So far I have paid for all my expenses and have received nothing from the company no pay, no compensation for travel expenses like hotel, milage, meals, cab and bus fair to Manhatten from NJ, etc... I traveled and stayed in NJ for two weeks in a hotel working for them.

I have been working from my home for the last week for them because I stated I had no more money to pay for the expenses of traveling from up state New York to Englewood Cliffs, NJ and Manhatten. They have so far refused to comment on my protest and the customer ( Bank ) is not very happy because they want me in-house.

Do you have any comments on my rights in this matter. I realize you do not have a copy of the contract. Basically all I want is the salary that is due me for the past few weeks and reimbursement for my expenses. The salary amount is pretty good, it is over six figures a year.

I know I can quit at any time, thats my right as a US Citizen. I feel I may have a good case for a law suit because they misled me. I have called a local attorney but no one is returning my calls, it is a little close to the holidays.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back