Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Night of Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonesyAK

Ok, last weekend i and a friend had been drinking and we decided to go around to steal various objects from cars that were unlocked in driveways. we had taken a cd case with nearly 100 cd's, a subwoofer, two cd faceplates, severall other cd's, 1 bible and other various objects. we went from neighborhood to neighborhood doing this over an hour of time. most of the stuff was useless junk that we couldnt use, but we were looking for an adrenaline rush becuz we were told we wud get one. Also we took someone's army stuff like bdu's a backpacc and sum other stuff. the morning after we decided to store it at my place because i told my grandparents i got the stuff from a friend cuz he was getting rid of a bunch of junk of his and i was going to sort through it and take what i wanted. well my older sister found it and found a bible and a f150 owner manual with phone numbers and started calling around to see if it was all stolen, and now shes returning it all, and said she wouldnt go to the cops. i was wondering if the people we are returning it to called the cops, what might happen to me and or my friend..we both are 17 and i turn 18 in a month. all the objects probably added to a totall of more then 500 dollars. please help me understand the possible consequences.

Depending on the state and the exact details you might face:

a) Criminal charges:

-grand larceny
-petite larceny
-burglary
-receiving stolen goods
-conspiracy
-criminal mischief
-criminal trespass

and may be more.

Grand larceny and burglary are probably felonies (depending on the state where you are) so you could face some serious jailtime, though as first offenders you might be able to get probation.

b) Civil claims

The owners of the stolen goods can sue you for

-trespass to chattel
-conversion
and possibly trespass to land

and claim damages and punitive damages.

What you have done is no prank or joke but are serious crimes. There is nothing funny about it. You might want to discuss this with an attorney and consider turning yourself in to get a deal with the prosecutor before the cops haul you in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back