Nex policy

Cathleen morris

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
My son works in Italy on a base. He hid some 40 dollar shoes in his back pack but never left the store with them. The clerk stopped him and he pulled out the shoes . The commander of the base will not let him use anything on base any more even the commissary his only food source. He works night shift and has no car there is no stores around and no chow hall. His command is not happy about the base commands decision. Can they starve my son like this. He has a clean record has never done this before

My son works in Italy on a base. He hid some 40 dollar shoes in his back pack but never left the store with them. The clerk stopped him and he pulled out the shoes . The commander of the base will not let him use anything on base any more even the commissary his only food source. He works night shift and has no car there is no stores around and no chow hall. His command is not happy about the base commands decision. Can they starve my son like this. He has a clean record has never done this before

You darn right the commander of a military base has greater authority than any mayor, governor, or even the president in matters such as you describe. The commander can even ban him from the base, and order him to return to the USA.

You darn right the commander of a military base has greater authority than any mayor, governor, or even the president in matters such as you describe. The commander can even ban him from the base, and order him to return to the USA.
Well I would rather have him here in the us he is having medical problems and the navy

Well I would rather have him here in us he is having medical problems and navy is not taking care of him they won't let him go because he is the only one who has past his emergency tech lic and they need him

So I guess I will have to get a lawyer

He'll get a military lawyer, a Navy JAG, or Marine Corps JAG.

All you can do is support him.
As far as mistreating him, nothing is further from the truth.
He has access to military care, and food.
He's lucky he wasn't thrown in the brig.
He broke the UCMJ.
He's alleged to have stolen, or attempted to steal from NEX.
That's a crime, similar to stealing from Walmart or Target.

If you REALLY want to know how he's doing, contact your local chapter of the American Red Cross.
The Red Cross will investigate the matter and report to you his TRUE condition.

You can also ask one of your state's US Senators to investigate, as well as your US Congressperson.

Trust me, you will receive accurate, detailed, and truthful reports from all three entities.

Thank you I will contact my US congress man because he does not have access to food . My son knows what he did was wrong and is willing to take the commands punishment . He is in the middle of no where with no stores and no chow hall he is not a prisoner of war. He has always done his job and has done it well. We all make mistakes even you. I have been in the navy and seen officers get away with using tax exempt numbers to buy cars. But the enlisted are treated differently then officers so please don't tell me he is lucky. Everybody is not treated the same .

Your son is lying to you first off. Sounds like he is active duty military? So he doesn't need to get any thing from the commisary. He can eat in the mess hall with everyone else. I have never stole anything in my life. I have worked hard for things in life. It's just a matter of time before they boot him out of the military for stealing. Then his real troubles began.... A dishonorable discharge carries with it big issues. No VA benefits... No Gov jobs.... and more.

Your son is lying to you first off. Sounds like he is active duty military? So he doesn't need to get any thing from the commisary. He can eat in the mess hall with everyone else. I have never stole anything in my life. I have worked hard for things in life. It's just a matter of time before they boot him out of the military for stealing. Then his real troubles began.... A dishonorable discharge carries with it big issues. No VA benefits... No Gov jobs.... and more.
Sir

He is in the middle of no where with no stores and no chow hall

I find it hard to believe that he has absolutely no access to food, no friends to get him some.

With all due respect, I think you are either not getting the real story or you are exaggerating to get sympathetic responses. I've seen much too much of that on these websites from parents providing second or third hand information.

Why don't you have your son log on to this site and tell us what's happening.

Thank you I will contact my US congress man because he does not have access to food . My son knows what he did was wrong and is willing to take the commands punishment . He is in the middle of no where with no stores and no chow hall he is not a prisoner of war. He has always done his job and has done it well. We all make mistakes even you. I have been in the navy and seen officers get away with using tax exempt numbers to buy cars. But the enlisted are treated differently then officers so please don't tell me he is lucky. Everybody is not treated the same .

I spent 30 years of my life serving our nation in the US ARMY.
I retired as a colonel.
I spent my first five years in the combat arms, as a ranger, with four years in 'Nam.
My commission was awarded to me for certain actions on the field of battle.
I didn't seek it, and I'd gladly exchange it for the lives of my comrades and the memories that haunt me nightly FIFTY YEARS later.
I went on to go to law school, earning my law degree, got a branch reassignment from artillery to JAG, and ended my career as military judge, serving five years on the circuit bench. Today I'm occasionally called in to consult in certain legal matters, as well as serving on the court of military appeals.

I have never stolen anything, nor have I ever broken any of their laws (military or civilian). No, I've never received a parking ticket, or even a speeding citation. I'm not bragging, mind you, just saying I've never broken any of their laws. That's what adults should do, obey their laws, we live our lives.

Other may have fallen, that doesn't mean they're evil. You son allegedly did something. He's INNOCENT until the navy proves him to be guilty. Even US SERVICE MEMBERS receive the presumption of innocence.

According to the UCMJ, he secreted items in a backpack. That's STEALING, or rather LARCENY, according to the laws military personnel (THE UCMJ -UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE) swear to abide by.

Contrary to what you've been told, no commander would order anyone under his or her control to not be fed. A commander can order that a military member be banned from frequenting certain locations. Perhaps that what has been ordained in regard to your son.

After you've heard back from your Congressperson, you'll know the truth. The military doesn't abuse it's members. If anything, it protects its members. Individual NCOs and officers may have abused personnel, but when it becomes known, it's dealt with. If your son is being mistreated, your Congressman will ensure its known and corrected.

Sir with all do respect you do not know what you are talking about but thank you for your adivec. My son is a great person and will not be kicked out of the military. I Was thinking this site would give me legal advice not bash my son so I do not believe you have the education to help me

Cathleen,

You came here for advice.... You can tell by my screen name I am very familiar with the military. So to put your mind at ease i told you that your son is being fed. At least he is provided everything he needs. I have seen people kicked out of the military for stealing a pack of smokes. Rest assured he has a place to sleep, food and water. As Army Judge stated contact your congressman, Red Cross as they can request information for you. Heck, You can write his commander a letter stating your son isn't writing home. He will get your son and make him write you. The Uniform Code of Military Justice was written for all... They treat officers the same as enlisted. Plus, they are harder on officers then enlisted by far.

You should see your son soon within 6 months.

Back