Assault & Battery New York age of consent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations though, you've successfully scared us into waiting a few years

I'm very glad to hear it.

even though i'm sure none of you actually looked at the statutes

Actually, I'm sure that the only one here who didn't look at the statutes was you. Florida is making an active attempt to be the toughest state in the US on sexual offenses against minors and it's very easy to find verification that the age of consent is NOT 16 in Florida.

If it's so disgusting why is it permitted in the states of Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Washington D.C, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming, all of whom have their age of consent at 16. You'd rather just interject your personal opinion than try to decipher the statutes, which I doubt that you're capable of doing juding by your unlettered responses. It would not surprise me one bit if you hold a law degree from a diploma mill. But anyways, i've already gotten an answer to my questions from someone here so I won't be returning. I sincerely apologize for asking a question pertaining to legal issues on the mighty thelaw.com!

As sad as it might be, LostPlanet may be right about the age thing ...

800.04 Lewd or lascivious offenses committed upon or in the presence of persons less than 16 years of age.--

(4) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS BATTERY.--A person who:

(a) Engages in sexual activity with a person 12 years of age or older but less than 16 years of age; or

(b) Encourages, forces, or entices any person less than 16 years of age to engage in sadomasochistic abuse, sexual bestiality, prostitution, or any other act involving sexual activity.
It is still morally reprehensible to be seeking a minor just so that you can have sex with them - legal or not.

- Carl

Since the morally reprehensible poster is discussing crossing state lines, the Mann Act still applies. It will still be a violation of Federal law.

Since the morally reprehensible poster is discussing crossing state lines, the Mann Act still applies. It will still be a violation of Federal law.
Not if HE crosses into FL to hook up with the teen. Provided he does not encourage her to disobey her parents, or commit some other act of interference, he may not be subject to any prosecution in FL. If he gets her to come to NY then, yes, he can be in all sorts of hurt as I will wager that even NY state law will cover that sort of thing.

- Carl

And I'm sure her parents are just fine with this. :rolleyes:
If it were a daughter of mine, he'd be foolish to come anywhere nearby. But, if he were to "hit and run" (which, I suspect is his motivation - it's certainly not to get to know her and develop a relationship), then the parents may never really find out.

It's vermin like him that reinforce a parent's inclination to prevent kids from getting on to MySpace, Facebook, and any of those social networking sites as they usually lead to this sort of idea. Even in my small town, we get reports of this sort of thing with some frequency ... "My daughter snuck off to meet some guy she met on My Space ..." - that sort of thing.

- Carl

Which opens up a whole new can of beans for him to chew on; things like, contributing to delinquency, and so on.

Sexual offenses aren't the only things he can be charged with.

Which opens up a whole new can of beans for him to chew on; things like, contributing to delinquency, and so on.

Sexual offenses aren't the only things he can be charged with.
Yep.

Though a contributing might be hard to show if she left on her own and they were not engaging in criminal activity ... but, FL law might differ from CA law in this regard, and there may well be statutes there that would cover just such a thing.

- Carl

honestly cant a 19 year old find a woman who is his own age???? i mean 16 is just a child and you know what they say...... 15 will get you 20. you as an adult have sex with a minor and you have statutory rape charges pressed against you........ then what.... you spend the rest of your life registering as a sex offender and you wear a stigma.......... all for the sake of gettin laid......... are you stupid or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back