Assault & Battery New York age of consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostPlanet5

Is it legal for a 19 year old in New York to have sex with a 16 year old from Florida in the state of New York? it is very hard to tell if there's a close in age exemption in NY or not. Thanks

Also, if not, is there a distinction between sexual intercourse and sexual contact and if so would that be legal in terms of sexual contact.

There's a close in age exemption in Florida permitting persons 16 or older to have sex with partners under the age of 24, is there not? When I visit florida later in the year would it be legal to have sex there?

It's obvious by now that you aren't qualified to answer any of these questions as you are ignorant to the concept of a close in age exemption. Nobody besides you is debating that one exists in Florida for persons age 16 and older. If you're going to give people legal advice, for god sakes do some research!

Listen Mr. Pedophile age of consent in NY is 17 and its 18 in Fl that makes it a crime in both states. Furthermore transporting a minor across statelines for purpose of sex is a Federal ofense. But your too worried about boning some innocent minor to hear that. You came here so someone could tell you it was ok the have sex with someone under age that isnt going to happen

I know I came here to ask a question about complex New York state laws, but I suppose i'll take the time to educate you on the cut and dry Florida age of consent laws.

In some U.S. states a lower age applies when the age gap between partners is small, or when the older partner is below a certain age (usually 18 or 21). In Florida one of these close in age exemptions exists for persons age 16 that have partners under the age of 24. Most people my age don't bother asking questions like these and do whatever they feel like. You weren't even aware that these exceptions existed - you really don't have anything to contribute on this topic because you don't even have a basic understanding of the laws surrounding it. I came here for someone with an advanced knowledge of the topic. Stop giving people legal advice if you have no knowledge of the topic.

But your question had to do with her coming to you from FL to NY ... this could be a violation of federal law as well as possibly violating a NY statute or two. If you were to travel to FL just to have sex with a minor, then you would only be potentially liable for a crime there.

Are you so desperate to get your wick wet that you have to seek out kids in other states?

- Carl

Is it legal for a 19 year old in New York to have sex with a 16 year old from Florida in the state of New York? it is very hard to tell if there's a close in age exemption in NY or not. Thanks

We will pray that you spend the rest of your life in jail.

You should get all the sex you want there!:dgrin

There's a close in age exemption in Florida permitting persons 16 or older to have sex with partners under the age of 24, is there not? When I visit florida later in the year would it be legal to have sex there?

That's not what a close in age exemption means. It doesn't meant that it's legal to have sex with a 16 year old, it means that you'll be charged with a lesser offense.

So the answer to both of the above questions is, NO.

That's not what a close in age exemption means. It doesn't meant that it's legal to have sex with a 16 year old, it means that you'll be charged with a lesser offense.

So the answer to both of the above questions is, NO.

Why did you tell pervo that?

We were rooting for him to go to jail!

Bubba is in love with him.:yes:

Anyone who's that determined to have his doorknob polished by a minor is certain to end up in jail sooner or later. But I just can't stand having incorrect information out there that will be read by some 16 year old sometime down the road who'll be led to believe that the law says something different than it really does.

Really? the age of consent is 16 in many states so I think it was a fair question. I'm amazed at some of the vicious replies i've seen here. How dare I ask questions in a forum where people are supposedly able to comprehend all these legal documents. How else is someone my age supposed to know what is legal and what isn't without asking questions? I looked at the statutes and came here because they're not written for someone like me to understand. Congratulations though, you've successfully scared us into waiting a few years even though i'm sure none of you actually looked at the statutes and just jumped to conclusions with perhaps the exception of cbg.

Someone your age should be seeking sexual satisfaction from another adult not a minor. By the way there are conflicting posts on age of consent in FL so dont pull out your worm yet! What do parents think of you and this relationship? If they say no its no and age of consent wont matter matter no matter what it is. You didnt come her for any other reason than to seek a means to bone a minor and that is disgusting!:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back