New Vechicle Contact issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnMuleman

New Vehicle Contract issue

I just purchased a new truck on 2-25-07 at a local dealership. Taking advantage of the 0% financing being offered by the manufacture. I made my best deal,traded in my vehicle, also writing them a check for $2000 for additional down payment.

The dealership has called 4 days later saying they made an errorand the financing institution has rejected it because the 0% interest was for only 36 months and not the 60 months stated in my contract. This essentially doubles my payment. The dealership admits this was an error on their part and want me to come renegotiate the contract and terms. My contract is signed by the dealership and clearly outlines the deal as being 60 months. My check for the down payment has cleared the bank. ( does this not agree to the contract ? )

The financing was rejected because of their error.. not my ability to qualify or pay for the vehicle.

Any opinion on this dilemma. I just want to keep the vechicle and the deal originally agreed upon. Am I responsible for their errors in writing the contract ? Any thoughts or comments whichever way is GREATLY Appreciated.

Last edited:
This happens so often, I am very suspicious that a lot of dealerships do this on purpose.

If it were me, I would tell the dealership that you are going to follow the original contract.

Unless they can show you something in writing in that contract that says otherwise, I would think they are bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back