New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

imors

I was hired this past October by the daughter of a senior citizen who has medical problems and dementia. I was relocated and took up residence in a separate, little house on the property at a certain salary. When I got here, another daughter had already hired someone else and we tried to work out a schedule that would accomodate both of us, but it soon became clear that there wasn't enough work for the both of us.

The day I arrived, there was a note on my door from the mother, saying: 'see Mrs. J****** before you go in here.' Then she drove in. She was pretty agitated. She said I could drop my trailer (I have horses that she doesn't mind on the property), but not go in. She drove out and drove back in. I finally said that I wouldn't go in and went to see the other daughter, who told me to go on in. I went in and Mrs. J****** drove in again. She did not want me to go in there. The daughter came and sat down and explained to Mrs. J****** who I was and why I was here.

Subsequently, Mrs. J****** has harrassed me for being here by coming over many times during each week and telling me she wants her house back. Sometimes, more than once, she has been over here 3 times a day, honking her horn so that I'll come out. She will not allow me to work for her because I am in this little house that, apparently, means the world to her and has been quite abusive toward me when I go to help her.

I am in a position now where I am in the middle of nowhere, with no employment, having to vacate the premises and without funds. I am virtually homeless with 2 horses, 2 dogs, a cat and 2 goats, which I was told would be welcomed here.

I was advised by a friend to seek 90 days compensation, but I don't know what is fair and what is legal and what is sane. I only know that I am in a terrible, G-d-awful position and need some legal advise.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this situation.

imors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back