New Green Card or just a new S.S Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slymonkey

Jurisdiction
Maryland
n 2002-2003, i was granted a Permanent Resident Card.
Many years later, i lost my wallet, which contained my now expired Green Card, and my Social Security Card. Due to new Laws and Regulations, i now have to update my driver`s license. I last worked in or around 2005-2006, and i do not have a W2 to present to my local DMV office. This W2 has my Social Security number on it. I also explained that i had lost my Social Security Card. Without one of these pieces of information, they cannot update my license.The local Social Security office, are unwilling to help me, as they need my up-to-date employment card. I need to know, is there any way of obtaining a replacement Social Security Card, or will i have to do what i initially did, and that was, to have my Biometrics done in order to get a new Green Card?

I need to know, is there any way of obtaining a replacement Social Security Card, or will i have to do what i initially did, and that was, to have my Biometrics done in order to get a new Green Card?

Hello @slymonkey :

The gubmint has many ways to deter SLICKSTERS, as I am sure you have recently discovered.

If a green card (Form I-551) is lost, stolen or destroyed, it must be replaced immediately.

The cardholder should promptly file a police report, which can subsequently be provided as evidence when requesting a replacement.

The police report helps substantiate that the card was not sold.

If requesting a replacement card under a new name (e.g. marriage, divorce, etc.), the application should be completed under the new name.

Step-by-Step: How to Replace or Renew Your Green Card

How to Apply to Replace Your Green Card
If you are a permanent resident who needs to replace your Green Card or a conditional resident who needs to replace your two-year Green Card for any of the reasons listed below, you may begin the application process for a replacement Green Card by:

Online E-Filing Form I-90 Citizenship and Immigration Services - Welcome to US Citizenship and Immigration Services , Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.

Filing a paper Form I-90 I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card , Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card by mail.

You need to replace your Green Card if:

Your previous card was lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed

Your card was issued to you before you were 14 and you have reached your 14th birthday (unless your card expires before your 16th birthday)

You have been a commuter and are now taking up actual residence in the United States

You have been a permanent resident residing in the United States and are now taking up commuter status

Your status has been automatically converted to permanent resident status (this includes Special Agricultural Worker applicants who are converting to permanent resident status)

You have a previous version of the alien registration card (e.g., USCIS Form AR-3, Form AR-103 or Form I-151 – all no longer valid to prove your immigration status) and must replace it with a current Green Card

Your card contains incorrect information

Your name or other biographic information on the card has been legally changed since you last received your card, or

You never received the previous card that was issued to you by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

What Our Law Requires
Section 264 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) states, "Every alien in the United States . . . shall be issued a certificate of alien registration or an alien registration receipt card in such form and manner and at such time as shall be prescribed under regulations . . ."

It also says, "Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him.

Any alien who fails to comply with [these provisions] shall be guilty of a misdemeanor..."

The specific requirements and procedures for applying to renew an expiring Green Card are contained in the Code of Federal Regulations [CFR] at 8 CFR section 264.5.

Need a Replacement Social Security Card? | Social Security Matters

sscardreplace.jpg

You can now apply for a replacement Social Security card online using your personal my Social Security account. If you meet all requirements and live in some states or the District of Columbia, you can start using this service today.

Go to www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount for more information.

Further to my inquiry regarding showing proof of my Social Security number to my local DMV to update my driver`s license, will the form I-765, be sufficient proof?
I have just received a transcript from the American Homeland Security, showing all my details, such as name, address, birth date and social security number, on the I-765.
Thanks also to the people who have already assisted me with this matter.

Further to my inquiry regarding showing proof of my Social Security number to my local DMV to update my driver`s license, will the form I-765, be sufficient proof?

Only a representative of the DMV can answer that question after you've shown them the documentation you possess.

If you wanna know for sure, show your proof and await their response.

I have just received a transcript from the American Homeland Security, showing all my details, such as name, address, birth date and social security number, on the I-765.
Thanks also to the people who have already assisted me with this matter.

I doubt it.

Look at your state's DMV's list of acceptable documents. If I-765 isn't on there, then no, it's not sufficient proof.

Get the replacement SS card and green card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back