Parole, Probation Nevada Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron_Young

My step-son is currently on probation and living in Nevada.
He's trying to get his life back on track, but his Parole Officer seems to be going out of her way to make it as difficult as possible; once stating "I don't care how many times they let you out, I'll put you right back there."

She is adding "conditions" to his probation, for example;

1. He can't associate with his girlfriend (who has no criminal background)

2. He MUST go straight home from work and not leave the house except to go to work or to go to court.

3. He can't own a computer.

4. He can't own a car.

None of these things are in his Court Order, so my question is, can his Probation Officer add to the conditions of his probation in this way?

If not, what kind of action can he take?

Thanks,

- Aaron.

what is going on here that we don't know about? Are any of these conditions in writing? There is a dynamic here that seems to go far beyond the normal and way over the line. What crime is your step-son on probation from?

Originally posted by Aaron Young
My step-son is currently on probation and living in Nevada.
He's trying to get his life back on track, but his Parole Officer seems to be going out of her way to make it as difficult as possible; once stating "I don't care how many times they let you out, I'll put you right back there."

She is adding "conditions" to his probation, for example;

1. He can't associate with his girlfriend (who has no criminal background)

2. He MUST go straight home from work and not leave the house except to go to work or to go to court.

3. He can't own a computer.

4. He can't own a car.

None of these things are in his Court Order, so my question is, can his Probation Officer add to the conditions of his probation in this way?

If not, what kind of action can he take?

Thanks,

- Aaron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back