Neighbors Pack of Foster Dogs attacked my Dogs.

Jurisdiction
Texas
My parents live out in the county in Texas. They built their own house at that time in a new subdivision. Also their neighbor built at the same time. With that said we have known these neighbors for over 19yrs. We didn't start having problems with them till 2009 when one of there dogs came into our yard and killed my registered Yorkie. We made a Sheriff report and nothing was done to their dog. Her dogs kepted on jumping and digging under her fence of 10 acres. Within three years her dogs were getting more aggressive and ended up killing two more registered Yorkies. The last Yorkie we had to put him down to due to punctured lungs. Yes we filled a Sheriff report every time stating they come to our property and kill our dogs. At that time she only had three dogs which all were vicious and aggressive. Over time her dogs were always getting out while she wasn't at home.
On January 16, 2016 my husband and I went to visit my parents. While we were there three of her dogs got out of her property and attacked my dog. As soon as they heard my dad yell at them they look off and jumped back to there property. You could tell which of the dogs have done it with blood on their mouth. My dog was severely hurt which she needed tubs where the dogs teeth punctured into her to be drained. We also made a Sheriff report at the Veterinarian office. We stated that we have been having this problem since 2009 and the county isn't doing anything to prevent it. Now she has 10-12 dogs now. We honestly thought she was becoming a dog hoarder. They run in a pack and you can hear them fighting among themselves. Come to fine out she is a Foster Parent of four Volunteer/Rescue agencies. All her dogs are aggressive and vicious. These dogs took down a 60 lbs American Staffordshire Terrier aka Pit. We want to know is there any way to take away her rights of being a Foster Parent? She is out number and can not control them. She can not maintain the upkeep of her fence due to them always digging under of finding holes to escape. We have already spoken to our Constable which he didn't know any laws or regulations regarding Foster Parenting. We need help what to do.

You live in Texas and you live out in the country. Your solution is to buy some guns and shoot the damned dogs next time they are a threat.

I can't believe you've let this go on for 6 years without doing that.

Yes we have tried to shoot them.
We shouldn't have to be armed at all times out side just in case one of her dogs decides to attack. Is there any rights we can take away from her?

Have you contacted the agencies she is fostering dogs for and told them about the conditions?

Yes we have tried to shoot them.
We shouldn't have to be armed at all times out side just in case one of her dogs decides to attack. Is there any rights we can take away from her?

No, thanks to our TEXAS constitution, our Texas government can't take our rights away!

HINT: A fence will keep the dogs out.

I own a large cattle ranch, and we've put up electrified fencing all around it. It keeps our cattle in, rustlers and predators out.

Our "cooperatively sponsored range riders" do the rest.

Is there no law in your area re maximum # of dogs an individual can have? Did you talk to anyone at fostering agency? Can you put up your own fence?

Back